OUR WEDDING:):)

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Bike Ride

Monday, T & I went to gather more letters in our quest to get all the ABC of Texas. This trip we decided to go East with the hopes of maybe getting to the LA border. We really didn't have any towns aimed for either... but, on the road, we decided on a few.

We started with Z for Zavalla. Thankfully we found this town. There are not very many towns in TX that start with a Z.

Then found Etoile for our E. Really no reason.Our last stop was Oakwood for our O. We decided on Oakwood since this is my last year (actually few days) at the school I have been at for 10 1/2 years.

On the way through the gorgeous trees of East Texas, we came across Norwood, Texas. If it would have been a little darker, we would have found the Norwood sign in our saddlebag and in the home of Pam:):)

Thorin is so great about stopping for beautiful pictures like this one. However, this picture does not do the field justice.

This is what our drive looked like.
BEAUTIFUL!!!
We saw this baby deer just sitting under a tree. Unfortunately we didn't see a mommy around. I hope Bambi's mom is okay...

We ended up traveling 436ish miles between 9:30 am - 6:30 pm. It is always great to be out with my sweetie, but I can't do more than 1 day... my bottom was so sore & I am not great with the sun screen.






No comments: